Would you like to change the way the world uses information?
Adarga develops pioneering analytics software and solutions for enterprise. We enable our customers to understand and use data more effectively, by building software with powerful predictive analytics capabilities that allow unrivalled insights and help drive faster and more effective decisions and actions. We bring together the latest artificial intelligence and cognitive computing techniques to empower our users to make the most of their real-world data. Our sophisticated intelligence tools are designed to be simple to use and integrate seamlessly with existing workflows, transforming the way our customers use data and helping enhance value daily.
We are a young company with phenomenal ambitions and we need people who share our passion for creating the most innovative and advanced technology. Our clients are in both government and the corporate sector and our technology is deployed in exciting and demanding environments. Adarga currently has offices in two locations; the business team is located predominantly in London and the software development and data science team is based in Bristol city centre.
We are looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to lead our DevOps, working across a modern, web-focused technology stack.
As member of the Adarga team, you will:
- Be responsible for the scalability, performance, security and delivery of our analytics platform;
- Support our Data Science and Engineering teams to deliver Product against our roadmap;
- Work in a fast-paced environment, utilising cloud-based technologies to deploy products to customers; and
- Bring something rare and unusual to the culture, making Adarga a fun and exciting place to work.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will also be recruiting, managing and mentoring Adarga DevOps engineers and managing any DevOps Outsourcing. You will be joining Adarga’s rapidly expanding software engineering team where you will deliver, support and enhance our products both in cloud, hybrid and onsite deployments and as required on customer sites
If you are:
- Fanatical about automation
And you can:
- Help us improve how we deliver product whilst maintaining security and quality;
- Embrace and use new technologies and advocate your choices with your peers;
- Work as part of an agile, product-focused, engineering team;
- Support both the day to day operations and the continuous improvement of Adarga’s infrastructure.
And you have:
- Strong English-language communications skills;
- Education to degree level, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, Maths or Science.
We want to hear from you!
You will have experience in:
- Working with cloud-based infrastructure (we use Google Cloud)
- Containerisation (Docker) and associated orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, etc)
- Linux based operating systems
- Networking and standard network protocols, DNS, VPNs, Firewalls and load balancing
- At least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Database technologies (MongoDB, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Cassandra, etc.)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development such as Jenkins
- Encryption and Authentication Technologies
- Modern monitoring, logging, and alerting systems such as Data Dog, Weave, New Relic, Stack Driver
- Working in a commercial product-focused agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Practical experience with onsite Atlassian toolstack (Jira/Confluence etc)
- Public-facing operational experience
You might also have experience of:
- Delivering Infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Git
- Enabling continuous delivery of a Microservice based architecture
- Google Cloud architecture
- Analysis and presentation of operational metrics for use in reporting and continuous improvement
- Governance frameworks such as ISO27001
- Penetration Testing and securing deployment in Google Cloud
- SaaS based services and multi tenancy SaaS Services
If you possess a valid UK passport, a UK work permit or you have the right to work in the UK please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in working at Adarga to email@example.com. Adarga is an equal opportunities employer.