Experienced DevOps Engineer – Bristol
We are looking for a talented and experienced DevOps engineer to join our team working across a modern, web-focused technology stack. We work in a fast-paced environment, utilising cloud-based technologies to deploy our product to customers.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be joining Adarga’s rapidly expanding engineering team as part of an established DevOps function. In this role, you will be delivering, supporting and enhancing our products both in cloud, hybrid and onsite deployments and as required on customer sites.
We are looking for someone who is fanatical about automation and always looking to improve how we deliver product whilst maintaining security and quality.
The role specifications:
- Strong University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, Math’s or Science.
- Strong communications skills in English.
- Ability to quickly adopt and leverage new technologies and become an advocate of these.
- Ability to self-direct work between supporting day to day operations through to continuous improvement of Adarga’s infrastructure.
- Ability to work as part of an agile, product-focused, engineering team.
- Occasional out-of-hours working.
Must have in-depth experience of:
- Working with and managing cloud-based infrastructure (we use GCP).
- Containerisation technologies (specifically Docker & Kubernetes).
- Linux based operating systems.
- Experience of networking including standard network protocols, DNSs, VPNs, Firewalls, etc.
- At least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.).
- Database technologies (MongoDB, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Postgres etc.).
- Working in an agile environment (Scrum/Kanban).
- Practical experience with onsite Atlassian toolstack (Jira/Confluence etc).
- Public-facing operational experience.
It would be beneficial if you have experience in:
- Windows based operating systems.
- Orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, etc).
- Delivering Infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Git.
- Continuous delivery of a Microservice based architecture.
- Google Cloud architecture.
- Analysis and presentation of operational metrics for use in reporting and continuous improvement.
- Modern monitoring systems such as New Relic.
- Understanding of governance frameworks such as ISO27001.
- Penetration Testing and securing deployments in the Google Cloud.
- Good understanding of Gitflow.
- SaaS based services and multi tenancy for these.